- Open Hours
Updated July 21, 2022
Tuesdays 1:30 pm – 4 pm
Sundays 10 am – 1 pm
- Garden Work Day 5/22/2022 Sun 1 pm
Sunday, May 22, 2022, 1 pm – 5 pm
We will be focusing on our bokashi-composting process, including the following:
- Digging lots of soil (soil amended with bokashi and leaf compost over the years) — volunteers can take some of the soil for their own garden bed elsewhere, street tree pit, or houseplants.
- In the dug out areas, we will bury/trench fermented food waste, mixing with plant matter (leaves, clippings, twigs/cut branches), and completely covering with soil and then mulch on top. This will amend and build the soil for future soil harvesting. (There will still be soil left over after the covering.)
- Treating dropped-off food waste with bokashi (to ferment the food waste).
Please wear proper clothing and shoes for the garden-composting work. We have gardening/work gloves, if you don’t have or forgot to bring your own.
- Garden Work Day 4/10/2022 Sun 11 am – 4 pm
Sunday, April 10, 2022, 11 am – 4 pm
Garden work will include rebuilding our compost bin, bokashi compost trenching (soil amending technique), and general garden maintenance (litter picking, hand mulching, destroying rat burrows).
- Public Food Waste Drop-Off April-October 2022
From April 1 to October 31:
(Updated drop-off hours will be provided for November 1 – March 31.)
Tuesdays 1:30 – 4 pm
Thursdays 3:30 – 6 pm
Saturdays 1 – 4 pm
Sundays 2 – 4 pm
For other food scraps drop-off sites, visit DSNY- Drop-off Composting.
- Garden Meeting 4/2/2022 Sat 12 pm
Down to Earth Garden general meeting April 2, 2022, Saturday 12 pm – 1 pm.
If you have any questions, please contact us.